A lot has happened in the great month of August. For one: it is the month I have married my amazing husband! To celebrate we decided to vacation in Chattanooga, TN to see the sights and the well-known McKay’s Used Book Store.
To be honest, I didn’t do as much reading on that trip because we did a lot of sight-seeing and just relaxing.
For the month of August, I have completed 13 books with 4572 pages read.
I have thought about revisiting my Goodreads yearly reading goal. I set my goal to 115 for the year and I am already at 102. With four months left to the year, I thought about increasing it to 125-150 since I am pacing at 15 books at month.
By next month I will let you readers know if I have increased it!
Q: Which book surprised me the most?
Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey. Oddly enough, I didn’t like It Happened One Summer and wasn’t planning on reading any other of her books. But I hear so much about the Hot & Hammered series that I gave it a try. So glad that I did. Loved it!
Q: Which book let me down the most?
It is actually a book that I could not finished, and it is not on this list. Ice Planet Barbarians by Ruby Dixon. I know this is a very popular book in the romance smut readers community. But with this book, I hit a level that I couldn’t move on reading it. So, I DNF and was glad I tried.
Q: Which book would you recommend?
Well, that is a hard one to decide. I have read so many great books this month. That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Demon by Kimberly Lemming. Just the title of the book deserves to stop and want to know more about. I really enjoyed this book and I find that if you want to dabble a bit into romance but love to read fantasy. This is a good option to start with.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check out my disclaimer page for more information.
- The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood (Book Review) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Daughter of the Salt King by A.S. Thornton ⭐⭐⭐
- The Ersatz Elevator by Lemony Snicket ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- You’re Not Enough (and That’s Okay) by Allie Beth Stuckey ⭐⭐⭐
- Silver Queendom (ARC) by Dan Koboldt (Book Review) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han (Book Review) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- An Heir Comes to Rise by C.C. Penaranda (Book Review) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Liar’s Crown (ARC) by Abigail Owen (Book Review) ⭐⭐⭐
- City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Demon by Kimberly Lemming (Book Review) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey (Book Review) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- I’m Glad My Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I don’t review all the books I read on my blog, but you can follow me on Goodreads for the reviews. GOODREADS LINK
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclaimer for more info.
Find me in my social media!