Sending some serious summer vibes to you as we close out the month of July and step into August. In Florida, it is crazy hot outside with a big touch of humidity. Instead of being out on the beach, I like to stay in the AC and read.
It is just how I like to roll.
So, I had a goal to read 17 books. Which I crushed like a champ! I am always amazed how many books I can cram in a month.
I am starting to notice that I am blazing through quite a bit of audiobooks and Ebooks. Since I am consistently on the go and doing things. Sitting down and reading a physical copy of a book can be a challenge for me.
So, to encourage to read my physical books, I have been setting a goal every day to read 50 pages. I noticed that it helps pace myself and helps me enjoy the books better.
Q: Which book surprised me the most?
The book that surprised me the is Well Met by Jen DeLuca. (Book Review) Well Met is one of those books that I felt are a hidden gem. Currently, not many people are talking about it. But I loved it. I would recommend to anyone who has a soft spot for the Rennaissance fair.
Q: Which book let me down the most?
Brush With Love by Mazey Eddings. This is a book I really wanted to love but at the end of the day. I really didn’t. This is a book I listened to on audio, and I questioned if I had a hard time with this one because of the narrators. Their tones and how they talked, the narrator rubbed me the wrong way. I didn’t like the main characters personally. So, all around I didn’t the book entertaining.
Q: Which book would you recommend?
Book Lovers by Emily Henry. (Book Review) Everyone has seen this on Bookstagram or on some social media platform. Raving about how good this book is. Personally, I loved it. It was so refreshing, and I will be buying the physical copy to reread again. This was beautifully written, and I enjoyed every moment of it.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check out my disclaimer page for more information.
- The Naked Marriage by Dave & Ashley Willis ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Stars Between Us by Cristin Terrill (ARC) ⭐⭐⭐ Book Review: HERE
- Well Met by Jen DeLuca⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Book Review: HERE
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi ⭐⭐⭐ Book Review: HERE
- Book Lovers by Emily Henry ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Book Review: HERE
- The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood (Great Illustrated Classic) by Deborah Kestel ⭐⭐⭐
- The Austere Academy by Lemony Snicket ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Rivals by Katharine McGee ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Book Review: HERE
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K Rowling ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Just Haven’t Met You Yet by Sophie Cousens ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Book Review: HERE
- Polaris Rising by Jessie Mihalik ⭐⭐⭐
- A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Decluttering at the Speed of Life by Dana K. White ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- What’s Your Enneatype? by Liz Carver ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Book Review: HERE
- A Brush with Love by Mazey Eddings ⭐⭐
- Built to Belong by Natalie Franke ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare ⭐⭐⭐⭐
I don’t review all the books I read on my blog, but you can follow me on Goodreads for the reviews. GOODREADS LINK
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclaimer for more info.
Find me in my social media!