This post may contain affiliate links. Please check out my disclaimer page for more information.
What a great month June it has been! I have tackled 15 books this month. The books I picked up is through my library Audiobook selection. Which I am super grateful for that I don’t have to go out and purchase them.
I came across some epic reads and some duds this month. I also had the pleasure of reading a few ARC (Advance Copy Reads) this summer. Many of them were great and I came across a few that were a dud.
Q: Which book surprised me the most?
A: The House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas (BOOK REVIEW): I avoided this book for the longest time. The summary didn’t sound good to me at the time, I had no interest in the story. Thankfully on Bookstagram, there was a buddy read (SHOUT OUT TO @bookish_megann, go check her out!) and fell in love with the story.
Q: Which book let me down the most?
A: Flirtasaurus by Erin Mallon (Book Review): This was a book I had my eyes on forever! I loved the summary and at the time the library did not have a copy. I also couldn’t bring myself to buy it either. When it FINALLY became available, I checked it out immediately. But the story overall, was disappointing. I have never been so disappointed over an anticipated read before. This was a letdown for me for sure.
Q: Which book would you recommend?
A: Not the Witch You Wed by April Asher (Book Review): Sometimes it is hard to impress me on contemporary romance novels. Sure, I like them, but do I get blown away by them? Not often. But I am glad that I was in this. Contemporary romance with a touch of fantasy. LOVE IT!
- The Bodyguard by Katherine Center (ARC) ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review HERE
- Enneagram Empowerment by Laura Mitenberger ⭐⭐⭐
- Flirtasaurus Erin Mallon ⭐ Review HERE
- Reasons Why Not to Date Public Enemy CEO by Melanie Munton (ARC) ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review HERE
- House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review HERE
- Circling Back to You by Julie Tieu (ARC) ⭐⭐⭐ Review HERE
- Disrupting Destiny by Jan Foster ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Hottie on Her Shelf by Christi Barth (ARC) ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review HERE
- Snowspelled by Stephanie Burgis ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- As Old As Time by Liz Braswell ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review HERE
- Dance, Stand, Run by Jess Connolly ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Not the Witch You Wed by April Asher ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review HERE
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review HERE
- The Fairy-Tale Detectives by Michael Buckley ⭐⭐⭐⭐
I don’t review all the books I read on my blog, but you can follow me on Goodreads for the reviews. GOODREADS LINK
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclaimer for more info.
Find me in my social media!